January 22, 2008

flatline

I went out the third weekend of Jan with someone who was interested in me, someone I was interested in and someone who apparently is interested in me.
A little perverse if you will, but that's the way it crumbles sometimes.
The person who was interested in me once upon a time had had his fill by about ten. The guy I was interested in (until last November when he sent me a hilariously gauche email denouncing his interest) travelled for an hour each way to hang out with me, ho hum.
The object of my affection (mate of the guy who allegedly fancies me) turned into a bit of a princess at about half past midnight, taking his camel, paddington bear aquascutum take on the duffel coat with him. Pity, I like men who can quote poetry.
He left his friends. I had fun dancing with them. One of them gave me his card. Like, whatever. It's a fairly empty gesture when he spent half the night chatting someone else up.
And the guy who fancies me (allegedly)? Well he turned into a pumpkin at 2 am and was last seen lurching towards a MacDonalds. Urgh. Very attractive!
Moral of the story? 2's company, 3's a crowd, 7 or 8 of them is just a waste of time. Fun dancing tho!

No comments: